The Oakleigh Go Kart Racing Club is preparing to once again hold the annual premier Juniors only kart racing event early in the 2012 racing calendar.
Due to the huge success of last years back to back races, held on a Friday and Saturday during the January school holidays, this same format will once again be used. The 2012 Junior Top Guns events will be raced on Friday & Saturday, January 20 & 21, 2012.
The Friday and Saturday races are treated as separate race meetings, with prizes given out for each event. Series prizes will be awarded to the competitors with highest accumulated points from both racing days. To be eligible for series prizes, you must race both events.
Event Sponsors – Please Support The Companies That Support You
- Junior Racing Development – juniorracing.com.au
- DPE – dpeng.com.au
- Tony Kart Australia – tonykartaustralia.com.au
- MKC – mkcracing.com.au
- Master Karting – masterkarting.com.au
- Yamaha – yamaha-motor.com.au
- J&A Tuning – jatuning.com.au
- International Karting Distributors – internationalkarting.com.au
- Gas Imports (Omega) – gasimports.com.au
- James Sera’s Karting Centre – kartingcentre.com.au
Some of the fantastic prizes on offer include:
- Cash for each class
- Formula Vee Drive
- Arrow Cadet / Rookie chassis
- $2000 worth of Yamaha merchandise
- Dunlop Tyres
- Rotax merchandise pack valued at $500
- Omega Neckbrace
- Various other giveaways
The classes offered are:
- Junior National Light C&P
- Junior National Light
- Junior National Heavy C&P
- Junior National Heavy
- Junior Clubman (Yamaha KT100S motors only)
- Formula JMA
Supplementary regulations available for download:
Practice for these not to be missed events will be held from 12pm to 4pm on both days and racing will start around 5pm. There will also be one night practice evening held on Saturday January 14.
Junior Racing Development, Australia’s leading Formula Vee racing team is once again showing its support to future stars of Australian motor sport. For the third year running, JRD is sponsoring Australia’s leading junior karting event, and are putting up the fantastic prize of a test in one of the teams championship winning Sabre 02’s.
This year’s selection process is different to previous years. All competitors who will be 15 years of age at June 30 2012 are invited to enter. To be eligible, interested competitors must pre-register via the JRD web site juniorracing.com.au and compete at the two race meetings. Registrations are open so head to the teams site and complete the registration form.
DPE and OGKRC will be giving away:
- An Arrow Cadet / Rookie chassis
- A Yamaha KT100S engine, suitable for Junior Clubman